Monday, July 4, 2011

Blog Hop

Jenna over at www.jennasjourneyblog.blogspot.com/ is having a blog hop. You can visit her blog to visit other blogs and meet some bloggers! The challenge is to visit 10 blogs to comment on a day for a week. :)

So a bit about me for those that are visiting:

1.  I am a SAHM of three. I have taught 4th, 5th and 6th grade and middle school math. I do miss teaching and hope to be back in the classroom some day.

2.  I miss sleep....LOL...apparently our 9 month old doesn't need much at the moment....but I won't trade it for the world.

3.  I love to scrapbook and read. Yet right now I don't have much time for both. I am soooooo far behind on scrapbooking.

4. I am a military brat....married to a military brat and former reservist. My SIL and BIL are stationed in Hawaii (loving that ya know!) and my brother is currently overseas.

5.  I met my hubby online in 2000 on a christian website. We talked forever by email....then phone...before we decided to meet and go on our first date. I had so many people calling me to make sure I was ok and that he was not a psyco when we went out. LOL...We got married in 2001. I was 29 and he was 33.....when you are that age...you pretty much know what you are looking for. Emily Grace was born when I was 31, Austin when I was 33, and Christian last year when I was 38 (gulp...I don't feel 38 or should I say 39 now!)

6. I love photography and have so much to learn. I have had the opportunity to work with some great families.

7. I wish I could sew. I would love to make burp clothes and cute shirts....sigh...I do have a machine that Dinanny gave me for Christmas...hmmm....a couple of years ago....I know I know...I plan on pulling up some videoson youtube  soon to try somethings.

8. I love spending time with my kids and my friends and family. I wish I could see some of them more.

9. I love the beach...the pool....I am a southern girl and I love living in the south.

10.  My baby boy is growing by leaps and bounds. It is so hard to find cute boys clothes. I LOVE jon jons for him. He is in 18-24 months. I wish we had gotten a baby shower (we moved in the latter part of my pregnancy) ...especially since he was our surprise baby and we had given everything away a couple of years before!LOL

11. I love to blog hop. I love seeing other's blogs...I don't always leave a comment...but Iam going to work on that!

12. I know I watch too much tv...usually late at night when I am rocking little man...love TLC and Lifetime.

13. I really wish I could go into a salon and get my hair done and trust the person with that.  I have very thin hair and a big forhead so I have to wear bangs to cover it....basically the same style I had in highschool....without the perm...and yes...I grew up in the 80's.

14. My high school 20th reunion was last year.....I did not go since I was 8 months pregnant! LOL

15. We will have been married 10 years this July 14th....we have not been anywhere for our anniversary since 2004. I would love to get away for at least on night.

16. My favorite verse is Jeremiah 29:11....and it is my life verse as well!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Over from BabyBerry via Jenna's Journey! :) Your family is just beautiful, and I love your blog! I hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

Mere said...

I am here from Jenna's. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! You have a precious family. It was fun reading your blog and learning a little bit about you! Hope you had a Happy 4th!

Hillary said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog from Jenna's blog hop! You kiddos are absolutely adorable and I really enjoyed the "getting to know you" list. I may have to try that soon. How fun!

Hope ya'll have a great rest of your week!

kim said...

I love your list!! I got a sewing maching about 5 years ago and have used it one time!ha! I would love to know how to use it!!! Sewing is on my list of things to do in life! Your photography is great!! I'm trying to learn how to use my camera!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and the sweet comment!!

Jenna said...

oops... forgot to log in... that last comment was from me :)

Anonymous said...

stopping by from Jenna's! I just started teaching myself to sew this spring, I am not a crafty person and it has come pretty easily-- with a LOT of practice, so there is hope for you! :) love you blog, thanks for stopping by mine!

Kristen said...

Here from Jenna's commenting challenge. You have a beautiful family! I should have thought about doing a list. Oh well maybe next time.